Get to know your Jabble family. We asked everyone at Jabble a few questions. Here’s what they said.
Part one; Tokyo area schools. Shinjuku and Shimbashi.
1.What was your favorite toy as a kid?
2.At which store would you like to max-out your credit card? (max-out= reach your spending limit).
3.What was the worst punishment you received at school?
4.Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall – over or under?
Shinjuku; Kelly, Ayami and Mark.
I had a lot of G.I. Joe and Transformers toys.
I wouldn’t max-out my credit card!. I’m cheap and I hate shopping. Ha ha. (If I HAD TO choose, Yodobashi Camera; I like electronics)
As for punishment we used to get “off task” points. I used to get them for talking with my friends too much in class. (I can’t say the real one because I’m not sure if students would find it as funny as my friends and I did.)
I hang the toilet paper over, of course. I’m not crazy.
1.My favorite toy was my stuffed Doramon.
2. I would max my card at an outdoor store.
3. I’ve never been punished although I seemed to annoy the teachers sometimes for doing stupid stuff.
4. Toilet paper hangs over.
1. My favorite toy was probably my battery powered He-man sword that came with a bunch of lights and sounds. It would light up like a Christmas tree.
2. I would shop at one of the large music stores in Ochanomizu. I would love to have a Rhodes electric piano!
3.The worst punishment?That’s a difficult one. I remember having to sit against a wall for lunch time detention for pretending to be a Dalek from Dr. Who.
4. I was told you’re an optimist if you have the toilet paper hang over. So from that point on, I’ve been a Toilet Paper Hang Over man.
Shimbashi: Kenny, Miki and Nik
I had a lot of Star Wars toys.
I would max-out my credit card at Disk Union. It:s a record shop in Shinjuku. They have a great selection of industrial noise tapes.
The worst punishment was that I got caned for getting drunk on a school trip in Russia.
I put the toilet paper over but I don’t think it’s intentional.
I rarely played with toys. I preferred playing outside when I was younger.
I would max-out my card at clothing shops like Zara.
I was never punished in school but I always slept in class.
I hang the toilet paper either way.
I loved my Star Wars figures.
I’d max out my credit card at Antenna America (a great craft beer spot).
I got suspended (made to stay home) for 1 day for flushing someone’s swimsuit down the toilet.
I don’t care how the toilet paper is hung. Put the roll on the floor , it’s all good.