Kathy and her friend opened ‘La Maison de Chocolat’ in a pretty trendy neighborhood. They became popular quickly. Their customers were typically women in their 30’s and 40’s who were looking to buy something special for their parties.
Trendy (adjective); very fashionable or up to date.
- Crocs were very trendy sandals a few years ago.
- People say that Naka Meguro is a trendy area in Tokyo.
- Do you remember when Tamagotchi was popular ?
Customer (noun) a person who buys goods or services from a shop or business.
- A line of customers were waiting to get into the ramen shop for lunch.
- A few customers commented on how good our cakes were.
- Do you know how many customers came in yesterday? A. We served around 220.
P.S. A customer is defined as ’someone who buys goods or services from a store or business.’ A client is also a type of customer. In business, the two terms are often used differently based on the types of relationships built. Customers are generally people who come to you mainly to buy products or services you supply. Clients buy your advice and solutions personalized to their particular needs.